PLEASE NOTE THIS POST WAS IN 2010 – WE HAVE NO POSITIONS FOR 2011
We are looking for 3 very special interns to work with Dream Occasions, Dream Occasions Hire and at times the UKAWP. Please read the following to see if you are a suitable candidate. The candidate must be willing to work from the home office belonging to Bernadette.What is an internship?
An internship gives someone the chance to experience the administrative side of event planning and to further your skills. It is an unpaid learning experience.
Why undertake an internship?
- Will help you determine if this is the career for you
- Enables you to gain experience before entering into paid employment
- Enables you to make professional networking connections with suppliers and event planners
- Enables you to (hopefully) receive a commendable reference from Bernadette Chapman
- Enables you to learn from Bernadette, a wedding planner since 2002 and director for the UKAWP
- A passion for weddings and events
- Extremely organised
- Detail oriented
- Confident personality
- Ability to adapt to a home office environment
- Excellent communication skills both written and spoken
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft office and the internet
- An understanding of social media inc. twitter and blogging
3 days per week (flexible on the days), 10am – 2pm
Start Date1st intern: 4th – 28th May2nd intern: 1st – 24th June3rd intern: 28th June – 22nd JulyIf you are interested please send an email with CV to Bernadette