Are you one of the fortunate people to have an event at home or at least in the grounds of someone that cares about you? If so this new series is for you. Over the last 7 years I have organised many marquee events and have become known as an expert amongst planners and clients alike. Personally I love them, yes its HARD work but the results are worth it. So every Monday I will be passing on some of my top tips.
Things to consider before meeting marquee companies:
– What style marquee you prefer, framed, traditional and modern versions like capris.
– Will you want windows and doors or completely open on one side?
– What type of flooring would you prefer? The ideal solution is a hard floor on its own or with carpet/Hessian on the top, this provides a solid and even surface for guests to walk on.
– Where do you envisage the catering tent, portable toilets and marquee entrance.
– Will you want a dance floor & stage as a feature with tables surrounding it?
– Do you prefer round tables or long banqueting tables?
– Do you have a feature in the garden you want to incorporate? For example perhaps you have a tree, pond or flower border that is in the area of the proposed marquee?