This Sunday is the time to remind our Mums how much we love them. Some of you may well take them out for lunch but with us all tightening our purse strings I’m sure many will entertain at home instead.Why not make your Mother feel pampered from the moment she arrives?
- Hand write an invitation to her on pretty floral paper like some Laura Ashley Notepaper, far more appreciated then a phone call or computer typed note.
- Have some nice champagne ready for her arrival and some simple nibbles
- What music does she like? Make sure whatever it is you have it playing softly in the background
- Have a lovely scented candle filling the room with a relaxing scent like White Jasmine & Mint from Jo Malone.
- Bring out the best china & cutlery and lay the table properly inc. wine glasses & serviettes. Buy her favourite flowers and display them in a simple vase on the table, when she is going home tell her she can take the flowers home and tie with some ribbon.
- Place some spring flowers on the napkin to soften the formality.
- Finally make sure the menu you are preparing is something you like and practice beforehand, this is not the time to serve undercooked meat to your Mum