I’m looking for an intern – could this be you?
Juggling 2 sucessful businesses is never easy but I have a passion for being busy, as a result an opportunity has arisen for that special person to shadow me and learn all about wedding planning.
What is an internship?
An internship gives “interns” the opportunity to experience life inside their chosen future career.
How will an internship benefit you?
I adore the the wedding planning industry and thrive on nurturing new planners. By becoming an intern under my leadership you will learn not only how an independent planner works, how to run a small business but also gain an understanding of how the UKAWP promotes professionalism in wedding planning.
In essence by completing this internship it will…
- help determine if wedding planning IS the career for you
- enable you to gain experience before entering into paid employment or starting your own business
- enable you to make professional networking connections with excellent suppliers and event planners
- result in a commendable reference for you to use if seeking employment elsewhere
- give you an understanding of how an event is organised start to finish, regardless of whether a workshop, wedding or party
- plus most excitedly, you will receive personal private tuition and mentoring from Bernadette based on the UKAWP popular courses
The ideal candidate will have/be….
- a passion for weddings and events, someone who constantly reads bridal magazines and blogs.
- an understanding of current and predicted wedding trends
- a passion for learning new skills
- extremely organised with the ability to juggle different tasks at the same time, especially switching between the 2 businesses
- a confident but unflappable personality
- an ability to adapt to a home office environment in a rural setting
- excellent communication skills both written and spoken
- excellent computer skills including Microsoft office, basic photo editing skills
- excellent knowledge of at least 2 of the following social media platforms: twitter, google+, facebook, pinterest
- Assist with social media tasks
- Updating various databases
- Become involved with some key UKAWP events that we are organising for 2015
- Shadow director at client/supplier meetings for Dream Occasion clients
- Assist with research for both businesses
- Assist with the blogging and PR
What hours are you needed?
3 days per week (totally flexible on the days), 10am – 2pm when in Coggeshall, any hours that suit you if based from home
At least 1 day needs to be in the home office of Bernadette in Coggeshall, Essex thus your own car is essential. The remaining 2 days can be at your own home or you are welcome to spend all 3 days with Bernadette.
2 – 3 months ideally although this can be flexible depending on the right candidate, starting w/c the 1st December
A few things that are important to know before applying for this internship.
- An internship is unpaid, however any meetings or events you attend will have travel expenses covered by me. When working from Coggeshall feel free to dress in comfortable clothes, when attending events or meetings smart business wear is required
- I have a dog so please only apply if you are comfortable with dogs. He is very friendly and once he has said hello he will go to his bed. Be warned he is a lemon colour so you might want to avoid black clothes if you want to remain hair free !
- To apply please send an email by the 21st November including:
- Your C.V +
- A paragraph stating why you would like this internship
- A mood board, computerised or hand made showcasing your personality
I promise to guide and nurture you in this exciting industry providing onsite training. I will be utterly flexible on the days you wish to be with me. And although you will not receive payment we will ensure the training and mentoring you receive far outweigh the time you have spent not earning.
Photo by: Touch Photography