Your wedding is fast approaching, the stress is beginning to filter in. If you havent hired a planner for the final few weeks then here is a quick reminder of 10 things to remember.
- Reconfirm all suppliers in writing (or email) 2 weeks before the wedding and include:
- The running order for the day
- Contact sheet of other suppliers and person running the day for you (assuming you don’t have a planner)
- Names of the wedding party, especially helpful if there are divorced parents
- Special instructions for unloading, parking and collection
- Confirmation of key points in the contract
2. Buy thank you gifts for key people and ensure the groom has pointers in his speech reminder him to say thank you AND here is a gift. Amazingly half the time the groom is so nervous he simply forgets to hand the gift over!
3. Confirm with the venue/caterers which supplier need feeding on the day, see this past blog post
4. Send the final table plan to the caterers/venue listing all guests with special requests i.e vegetarians, gluten free, allergies etc
5. Wear your wedding shoes in before the day to ensure no unnecessary blisters occur
6. Hand the final wedding schedule with contacts to the venue and trusted person in lieu of a wedding planner who can subtly check the day is running to schedule
7. Send your list of required shots to your photographer
8. Put all table stationery in a separate envelope per table, this makes it easier for your co-ordinator or venue to lay out for you on the wedding day. Hand the order of service to the vicar for safe keeping so no-one forgets them on the day.
9. Check that the speeches have been written and practiced; also give key speakers an estimated time in which to complete it in order for the timetable to be kept. Who will announce them if you do not have a toastmaster or co-ordinator then perhaps a family member will provide this honour?
10. Have you booked a taxi to take you to your home/hotel after the party has finished?