If there is one aspect of weddings that Brides worry about it’s whether to invite their friends’ children, knowing they may scream throughout the ceremony. If you are inviting children to your wedding but are worried about how to ensure they don’t ruin your special day, I have listed some tips below. Look out for a reader offer at the end from All Things Nice.
- Ask the Photographer to have one picture of all the children together, they will love being centre of attention.
- If you have a Mum with a young baby then check whether she needs somewhere to feed the baby and/or change nappies.
- During the drinks reception, have a table set to one side and cover with paper (to protect the venues furniture). Then provide the children with crayons, pencils and one large sheet of paper, ask all the children to draw a picture and hand to the best man when finished, the bride & groom could then keep as a memento to the day.
- If you have a lot of children why not organise a treasure hunt with one of the ushers in charge?
- If you have older children set up a small room with computer games, puzzles and board games.
- Iif money is not an object and you really want some peace and quiet, hire a wedding crèche service, they will entertain the children and you won’t even know they are there!
- For favours why not give them a specially baked & designed cookie like the dinasour one below?
- New to the market this year is the Wedding JollyBox which I think is fantastic, it contains illustrated flash cards, inspiration booklet, activity book with puzzles, themed games & role play ideas for boring moments like the speeches!
Both products pictured are available from All Things Nice who have kindly offered a discount of 10% to our readers, please enter the code of AATN10DO when making an order.